- University Degrees:
1980 Chemistry degree (summa cum laude) at La Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)
1985 PhD degree (very good) at the Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg (Germany)
2002/2003: Research Scholar at the Center for Advanced Materials Processing (CAMP), Clarkson University, NY, USA (NSF grant N° DMR-0102644)
- Present position:
2006 – : Senior researcher at the Institute of Structure of Matter of the National Research Council (CNR), Italy.
- Recent research fields and activity:
Synthesis, structural, morphologic, magnetic and optical properties of metal and metal oxide nanostructured materials
Special attention is devoted to the correlation of the preparation methods with the material properties. Synthetic chemical activity is focused on: a) tailoring size and shape of nanoparticles; b) functionalization of nanoparticles with organic and inorganic molecules/polymers; c) nanoparticles in polymeric matrices and fluids; d) iron oxide nanotubes alone and ordered inside porous matrices; e) nanoparticles hierarchically ordered in 1D and 3D microstructures and comprehension of their formation mechanism; f) thiol-capped monodisperse silver particles.
- Number of publications (JCR): 65
- Author of book chapters
- Supervisor of PhD- and post-doc students
- Teacher of PhD courses
- 2009: CNR leader of the project: Nanoparticles and anisometric silver superstructures (DG.RSTL.087.008)
- 2009-2010: CNR leader of the project: Ink Jet printing technology for advanced electronics applications, PrinTAG
- 2011-2012 CNR leader of the European project MANUNET ERA-Net Project “An iNnovative mAnufacturing TEchnology for Magnets” (ANATEMA)
- Referee of high impact factor international Journals (Inorganic Chemistry, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Chemistry of Materials, Journal of Physical Chemistry B and C, Nanoletters, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Nanoscale, etc..)
- Member of the Editorial board of ISRN Nanotechnology.