- Diploma in Chemistry from the “Lomonosov” Moscow State University with “cum laude” honour (1990, Russian Federation) equipollent to Diploma in Materials Chemistry of the University of Rome “La Sapienza” with full marks (110/110).
- Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from the “Lomonosov” Moscow State University (1995, Russian Federation).
Qualification: Researcher (staff) at ISM-CNR from 2012
- 2005.1993 Researcher (staff), Chemistry Department of the “Lomonosov” Moscow State University, Moscow, Russian Federation.
- Responsible of the Laboratory “Study of Kinetics of Phase Transitions of Innovative Materials» ISM-CNR.
- Responsible of the Collaboration Agreement between the Chemistry Department of the “La Sapienza” University of Rome and ISM-CNR regarding the use of the Energy Dispersive X-ray Diffraction (EDXD) technique.
- Supervisor of students Diploma and PhD thesis.
- Member of the SPARC_LAB Coordination Board (INFN, Frascati, Rome, Italy).
- Chair of 8° Jacobbe Project “Biomaterials for Healthcare” Exposanità Bologna, Italy, May 2012.
- Invited speaker: XII International Conference on Nanostructured Materials (NANO 2014) Moscow, Russia.
- International Journal Referee: Journal of the American Chemical Society, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, Chemical Physics Letters, Materials, Applied Surface Science
- Evaluation Expert: Sardinia – Lombardia Region, Biotechnology projects.
- Projects with industries (“Colgate” company): “Study of dynamics of transformation of dentifrices containing hydroxyapatite.”
Activities at Radiation facility centres:
- SPARC-FEL at INFN Frascati National Lab (INFN-ENEA) (from 2009-present).
- Scientific case for the new beamline IR/X-ray at the Synchrotron of Shanghai (Cina).
- IRIDE Advanced Radiation Facility project, FEL-CAESAR project.
- Research projects at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, Grenoble.
Number of publications in international journals: more than 100.
Participation at International Conferences, Congresses and Workshops: more than 110 abstracts and presentations.
- From 2012 – Researcher (staff), ISM-CNR.
- 2011-2012 Co.Co.Co. contract, ISM-CNR.
- 2008-2010 Assegno di Ricerca contract, ISM-CNR.
- 2006-2008 Assegno di Ricerca contract, ISMN-CNR c/o Department of Chemistry of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
- 2005 NATO-CNR ADVANCED FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAMME ISMN-CNR c/o Department of Chemistry of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
- 2003-2004 Assegno di Ricerca contract, ISMN-CNR c/o Department of Chemistry of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
- 2002-2003 Visiting Professor, Centre for Studies of High Temperature Chemical Thermodynamics (Italian National Research Council, c/o Department of Chemistry of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
- 1993-2005 Researcher (staff), Chemistry Department of the “Lomonosov” Moscow State University, Moscow, Russian Federation.
- 1990-1993 Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from the “Lomonosov” Moscow State University, Moscow, Russian Federation.
Invited Researcher at:
Department of Chemistry, University of Sheffield, Great Britain (2003); Department of Chemistry, University of Rome “La Sapienza” (2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997)); Institute “Josef Stefan”, Ljubljana, Slovenia (1998, 1997); Institute of Physics, University of Mainz, Germany (1995).
- Award in recognition of the significant contribution to the Powder Diffraction File in Release 2012 (International Centre for Diffraction Data, 2012).
- Winner of a NATO-CNR Advanced Fellowship for the studies and research at Italian public institutions in the field of chemistry (2005, Rome, Italy).
- Special President scholarship for Young Scientists (2000-1999, Moscow, Russia).
- INTAS (International Association for the promotion of co-operation with scientists from the New Independent States) personal grant for young scientists (1999, Brussels, Belgium).
- Award for creative achievements in research at the International Scientific Congress of Students e Young Researchers “Youth and Science – Looking into the Third Millennium”(1996, Moscow, Russia).
- Award for research work at the International Scientific Students Conference (1988, Sofia, Bulgaria).
Fields of present research interests:
- Advanced Radiation Source facilities (Free Electron Lasers) – their development and application in biomedicine, materials science, photonics and cultural heritage (SPARC-FEL, CAESAR-FEL, IRIDE projects).
- Development and fabrication of innovative materials for advanced technological applications:(I) Biomaterials for Regenerative Nanomedicine
(a) calcium phosphates based and glass-ceramics based materials for tissue engineering applications;
(b) bioactive nanostructured coatings of innovative composition for regenerative nanomedicine (orthopaedic and dental implant applications);
(c) biocements for various applications in medicine (bones, cranial-facial surgery and stomatology). Physical-chemical insights into the mechanism of biomineralization of bone tissue formation;
(d) application of nanoparticles of hydroxyapatite and substituted hydroxyapatite in newly developed dentifrices and cosmetics.(II) Hard and Superhard coatings for various technological applications.
Foreign Languages: Russian, Italian, English, German.