- Education: degree in chemistry (110/110 cum laude) at Università degli studi “La Sapienza” Roma, on 21/02/1990;
- Present position: Technician CNR (since 1981); Networking Administrator for Montelibretti section; Collaboration with Servizio Reti dell’Area di Ricerca di Roma1 – C.N.R. www.sra.mlib.cnr.it
- Research Interests:
- Study of chemistry-physic properties of materials in connexion with structural variation. For the study he avails heseft of the following spectroscopies: X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy, Auger Electron Spectroscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy, X-Ray Powder Diffraction.
- Hybrid organic–inorganic compounds, consisting of alternating inorganic and organic layers, have provided interesting examples of molecular magnetic materials. They are of special interest because of the opportunity they offer to combine properties typical of organic molecules, like mesomorphism, nonlinear optics, polymerization, plastic mechanical properties, optical properties with ones typical of inorganic solids like mechanical strength, electrical conductivity, luminescence or long-range magnetic ordering.
- Powder neutron and x-ray diffraction data has been collected in order to elucidate the relationship between structure on the performance of Li batteries. Doping the LiMn24spinel with a small amount of metal ions has a remarkable effect on the electrochemical properties. The surface engineering and the optimization of particle morphology have enhanced LiFePO4 electrochemical performance, making this cathode material a most promising candidate to replace lithiated metal oxides in lithium-ion batteries.
- Didactic Interests: Educational Project Minerva http://minerva.mlib.cnr.it
- Associate editor: Smart eLab
- He is author/co-author of over 51 papers, published on the most renowned journals of inorganic and solid state chemistry and 1 international patent.