Giovanni Longo CV
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-2434-2155
20/02/2006 University of Rome “La Sapienza” (Italy), Ph.D. in Condensed Matter Physics with a thesis titled: “Study of Oligonucleotide-Loaded Silicon Surfaces with AFM and Quantitative Fluorescence”. Supervisor: Prof. C. Coluzza.
22/09/2000 University of Rome “La Sapienza” (Italy), Master Degree in Physics with a thesis in the field of Matter Physics, titled: “Characterization of conductive polymers: polianiline”. Supervisor: Prof.C. Coluzza
04/2015 – present Full Researcher – Istituto di Struttura della Materia, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Rome (IT).
12/2011 – present Principal Investigator and national coordinator– Research project at the Istituto Superiore di Sanità (ISS), Rome (IT). Grant funded by the Italian Health Ministry
The following list comprises some of my publications, as main or corresponding author.
- Infrared nanospectroscopy characterization of oligomeric and fibrillar aggregates during amyloid formation. F.S. Ruggeri, Longo, S. Faggiano, E. Lipiec, A. Pastore and G. Dietler, NATURE COMMUNICATIONS, 6: 7831, 2015 (Co-main author, wrote the paper, intellectually conceived and conducted some experiments)
- Detecting nanoscale vibrations as signature of life. S. Kasas, F. S. Ruggeri, C. Benadiba, C. Maillard, P. Stupar, H. Tournu, G. Dietler, and Longo, PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, 112(2), 378-381, 2015 (Main and corresponding author, wrote the paper, supervised the staff, intellectually conceived and conducted the experiments)
- Detected twice for good measure. Longo, NATURE NANOTECHNOLOGY, 9, 959-960, 2014. (Main and corresponding author, wrote the paper)
- Real-time measurement of protein ligand-induced conformational changes using nanomechanical detection. Alonso-Sarduy, P. De Los Rios, F. Benedetti, D. Vobornik, G. Dietler, S. Kasas and G. Longo, PLOS ONE, 9(7), e103674, 2014. (Main and corresponding author, wrote the paper, supervised the staff, intellectually conceived and conducted the experiments)
- Time-lapse AFM imaging of DNA conformational changes induced by daunorubicin. Alonso-Sarduy, G. Longo, G. Dietler and S. Kasas. ACS NANO LETTERS, 13 (11), 5679-5684, 2014. (Corresponding author, wrote the paper)
- Rapid detection of bacterial resistance to antibiotics using AFM cantilevers as nanomechanical sensors. Longo, L. Alonso-Sarduy, L. Marques Rio, A. Bizzini, A. Trampuz, J. Notz, G. Dietler and S. Kasas. NATURE NANOTECHNOLOGY, 8 (7), 522-526, 2013. (Main and corresponding author, wrote the paper, supervised the staff, intellectually conceived and conducted the experiments)
- Effects of antibacterial agents and drugs monitored by atomic force microscopy. Longo and S. Kasas, Invited Advanced Review, WIREs Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology, 6 (3), 230-244. (Main and corresponding author, wrote the review)
- Mechanical properties of biological specimens explored by atomic force microscopy. S. Kasas, Longo and G. Dietler. Invited topical review. JOURNAL OF PHYSICS: D, 46, 133001, 2013. (Contributed in writing the review)