Floriana Rusanescu Craciun CV
- PhD in Applied Electromagnetism and Electrophysical Sciences, University “La Sapienza” Rome, 1993. Dissertation: “A Study of Propagation of Surface and Layer Elastic Waves in Homogeneous and Composite Materials with Acustooptical and Electrical Methods”
- Specialization in Nuclear Physics, University of Bucharest, 1978
- Diploma in Physics with full marks 10/10, University of Bucharest, 1977. Thesis: “A Study of Hyperfine Interaction in Magnetite through Mössbauer Effect”
- Researcher, 2017 – present, CNR Istituto di Struttura della Materia, Rome
- Researcher, 2008 – 2017, CNR Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi, Rome
- Researcher under contract, 2004 – 2008, CNR Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi, Rome
- Researcher under contract, 1998 – 2004, CNR Istituto di Acustica “O. M. Corbino”, Rome
- Professor under contract, 1993 – 1996, Faculty of Engineering, University “La Sapienza” Rome, Course: General Physics at Diploma Courses
- Research collaborations in the framework of different research projects, 1986 – 2004, CNR Istituto di Acustica “O. M. Corbino”, Rome
- Researcher, 1983 – 1986, Institute of Materials Physics, Bucharest
- Physicist, 1978 – 1983, Factory of Nuclear Devices, Institute of Atomic Physics, Bucharest
- Dielectric, ferroelectric and piezoelectric properties of multifunctional materials: ferroelectric relaxors and multiferroic oxides
- Aging and memory effects in ferroelectric relaxors
- Ferroelectric thin films: role of phase coexistence in enhancing piezoelectric properties
- Biocompatible ferroelectric thin films
- Over 100 peer-reviewed scientific publications. Total citations: 1680, H-index 23 (Google Scholar)
- 4 chapters in books with international editor (Springer, Academic Press, Wiley)
- Over 100 communications at international conferences
- Life member of the American Physical Society
- Member of the International Advisory Committee of the 8th Romanian Conference on Advanced Materials, Bucharest, July 2015
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Electroceramics VIII Conference, Rome, 25-28 August 2002.
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the workshop “Perspectives on programmes for research and development of piezoelectric materials applications”, Rome, 5 June 1998
- Referee for J. Applied Physics, Materials and Design, Acta Materialia, J. Alloys and Compounds, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., Mat. Chem. Phys. etc.
Selected recent publications
- V. Ion, F. Craciun, N. D. Scarisoreanu, A. Moldovan, A. Andrei, R. Birjega, C. Ghica, F. Di Pietrantonio, D. Cannata, M. Benetti, M. Dinescu, “Impact of thickness variation on structural, dielectric and piezoelectric properties of (Ba,Ca)(Ti,Zr)O3 epitaxial thin films”, Scientific Reports 8, 2056 (2018).
- N. D. Scarisoreanu, F. Craciun, V. Ion, R. Birjega, A. Bercea, V. Dinca, M. Dinescu, L. E. Sima, M. Icriverzi, A. Roseanu, L. Gruionu, G. Gruionu, “Lead-Free Piezoelectric (Ba,Ca)(Zr,Ti)O3 Thin Films for Biocompatible and Flexible Devices”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 9, 266 (2017).
- F. Craciun, M. Cernea, V. Fruth, M. Zaharescu, I. Atkinson, N. Stanica, L. C. Tanase, L. Diamandescu, A. Iuga, C. Galassi, “Novel multiferroic (Pb1-3x/2Ndx)(Ti0.98-yFeyMn0.02)O3 ceramics with coexisting ferroelectricity and ferromagnetism at ambient temperature”, Materials and Design 110, 693 (2016).
- N. D. Scarisoreanu, F. Craciun, R. Birjega, V. Ion, V. S. Teodorescu, C. Ghica, R. Negrea, M. Dinescu, “Joining Chemical Pressure and Epitaxial Strain to Yield Y–doped BiFeO3 Thin Films with High Dielectric Response”, Scientific Reports 6, 25535 (2016).
- F. Cordero, F. Craciun, F. Trequattrini, P. Galizia, C. Galassi, “Elastic aging from coexistence and transformations of ferroelectric and antiferroelectric states in PZT”, J. Appl. Phys. 120, 064104 (2016).
- F. Cordero, F. Craciun, F. Trequattrini, C. Galassi, “Piezoelectric softening in ferroelectrics: Ferroelectric versus antiferroelectric PbZr1-xTixO3”, Phys. Rev. B 93, 174111 (2016).
- N. D. Scarisoreanu, F. Craciun, A. Moldovan, V. Ion, R. Birjega, C. Ghica, R. F. Negrea, M. Dinescu, “High permittivity (1-x)Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3 –x(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 (x = 0.45) epitaxial thin films with nanoscale phase fluctuations”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 7, 23984 (2015).
- I. V. Ciuchi, F. Craciun, L. Mitoseriu, C. Galassi, “Preparation and properties of La doped PZT 90/10 ceramics across the ferroelectric-antiferroelectric phase boundary”, J. Alloys Compound. 646, 16 (2015).
- F. Craciun, F. Cordero, I. V. Ciuchi, L. Mitoseriu, C. Galassi, “Refining the phase diagram of Pb1-xLax(Zr0.9Ti0.1)1-x/4O3 ceramics by structural, dielectric, and anelastic spectroscopy investigations”, J. Appl. Phys. 117, 184103 (2015).
- F. Cordero, F. Craciun, M. Dinescu, N. Scarisoreanu, C. Galassi, W. Schranz, V. Soprunyuk, “Elastic response of (1-x)Ba(Ti0.8Zr0.2)O3 –x(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 (x = 0.45-0.55) and the role of the intermediate orthorombic phase in enhancing the piezoelectric coupling”, Appl. Phys. Lett 105, 232904 (2014).
- N. D. Scarisoreanu, F. Craciun, R. Birjega, A. Andrei, V. Ion, R. F. Negrea, C. Ghica, M. Dinescu, “Strain-induced long range ferroelectric order and linear electro-optic effect in epitaxial relaxor thin films”, J. Appl. Phys. 116, 074106 (2014).
- F. Craciun, E. Dimitriu, M. Grigoras, N. Lupu, B. S. Vasile, M. Cernea, “The emergence of magnetic properties in (Pb0.845Sm0.08Fe0.035)(Ti0.98Mn0.02)O3 and (Pb0.88Nd0.08)(Ti0.98Mn0.02)O3 perovskite ceramics”, J. Appl. Phys. 116, 074101 (2014).
- F. Cordero, F. Trequattrini, F. Craciun, C. Galassi, “Effects of aging and annealing on the polar and antiferrodistortive components of the antiferroelectric transition in PbZr1-xTixO3”, Phys. Rev. B 89, 214102 (2014).
- F. Cordero, F. Craciun, F. Trequattrini, C. Galassi, P. A. Thomas, D. S. Keeble, A. M. Glazer, “Splitting of the transition to the antiferroelectric state in PbZr0.95Ti0.05O3 into polar and antiferrodistortive components”, Phys. Rev. B 88, 094107 (2013).
- F. Craciun, E. Dimitriu, M. Grigoras, N. Lupu, “Multiferroic perovskite (Pb0.845Sm0.08Fe0.035)(Ti0.98Mn0.02)O3 with ferroelectric and weak ferromagnetic properties”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 242903 (2013).
- F. Craciun, C. Galassi, “Smearing of induced ferroelectric phase transition and easy imprinting of different polarization configurations in relaxor ferroelectric (Na0.5Bi0.5)1−xBaxTiO3”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 162902 (2013).
- A. Andrei, N. D. Scarisoreanu, R. Birjega, M. Dinescu, G. Stanciu, F. Craciun, C. Galassi, “Pulsed laser deposition of lead-free (Na0.5Bi0.5)1-xBaxTiO3 ferroelectric thin films with enhanced dielectric properties”, Appl. Surf. Sci. 278, 162 (2013).
- F. Cordero, F. Trequattrini, F. Craciun, C. Galassi, “Merging of the polar and tilt instability lines near the respective morphotropic phase boundaries of PbZr1−xTixO3”, Phys. Rev. B 87, 094108 (2013).
- F. Craciun, C. Galassi, R. Birjega, “Electric-field-induced and spontaneous relaxor-ferroelectric phase transitions in (Na1/2Bi1/2)1−xBaxTiO3”, J. Appl. Phys. 112, 124106 (2012).
- F. Cordero, F. Trequattrini, F. Craciun, C. Galassi, “Octahedral tilting, monoclinic phase and the phase diagram of PbZr1−xTixO3”, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 23, 415901 (2011).
- N. Scarisoreanu, F. Craciun, A. Chis, R. Birjega, A. Moldovan, C. Galassi, M. Dinescu, ” Lead-free ferroelectric thin films obtained by pulsed laser deposition “, Appl. Phys. A 101, 747 (2010).
- F. Craciun, “Strong variation of electrostrictive coupling near an intermediate temperature of relaxor ferroelectrics”, Phys. Rev. B 81, 184111 (2010).
- F. Cordero, F. Craciun, F. Trequattrini, E. Mercadelli, C. Galassi, “Phase transitions and phase diagram of the ferroelectric perovskite (Na0.5Bi0.5)1−xBaxTiO3 by anelastic and dielectric measurements”, Phys. Rev. B 81, 144124 (2010).