- Education: Doctor degree in Chemistry (110, Roma 1969)
Research Associate, Dept. of Physical-Chemistry, Nijmegen, Nederland, 1974-75.
NATO Fellowship, Dept. of Chemistry, Davis CA, U.S.A., 1979.
- Present position: Visiting Researcher, scientific head of the research unit “Marmi Antichi”
- Past research interests: Paramagnetic resonance and double resonance spectroscopies. Molecular materials based on polyoxoanion units. Deterioration mechanisms of ancient and modern paper. EPR dating.
- Present research interests: Ancient marbles of archaeological and art-historical interest. Statistically based determination of provenance using EPR, isotopic and petrographic data. Marble deterioration and conservation procedures.
- Published papers: approximately 100 Books:
“Ancient White Marbles”, L’Erma, Roma 2003
“The isotopic signature of Classical Marbles”, L’Erma, Roma 2006.
- Scientific head of reseach units in national strategic and finalized projects.
- Adviser for marble identification and provenance on account of several national (Capitolini, Nazionale Romano, Vaticani, Galleria dell’Accademia etc.) and international institutions (Metropolitan, Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Athens Natl. Museum etc.).
- Member of the Missione Archeologica Italiana a Hierapolis (Lecce), Cyrenaica Archaelogical Project (Oberlin, USA), Aphrodisias Archaeological Mission (Oxford, UK).
- Referee of Journal of Cultural Heritage, Archaeometry, Journal of Archaeological Science.
- Elected member of the Comitato d’Istituto (2001-2008).