- 2003. PhD in Chemistry, Rome University La Sapienza (Italy). Title: “Gas phase Clusters of Biochemical Interest: Molecular Recognition through Laser Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry”.
- 1999. Degree on Chemistry (magna cum laude), Rome University La Sapienza (Italy). Experimental thesis on “Studies on charge transfer reactions induced by laser in clusters of oxygen with organic molecules“.
Current position: permanent researcher at the CNR-ISM (Istituto di Struttura della Materia).
I had a Postdoc position at the Dept. of Physics, University of Bielefeld (Germany), within the European Research Training Network “Reaction Dynamics” (HPRN-CT-1999-00007), a one year National Research Council (Italy) scholarship and a researche grant at the Dept. of Chemistry, University of Rome La Sapienza (Italy). I joined the National Research Council of Italy as a fixed-term researcher in 2006 and then as a permanent researcher in 2010.
My scientific activity has been mainly devoted to study the interaction of high energy laser with molecules and aggregates. In particular, I focused on the study of weak interactions in gas phase isolated molecules and aggregates through laser spectroscopy and mass spectrometry. I performed Resonant Multiphoton Ionization laser spectroscopy on neutral chiral aggregates produced in supersonic beam, measuring their excitation spectra, binding and ionization energies, activation barriers for intra-cluster reactions. Tandem mass spectrometry coupled with Electrospray Ionisation (ESI) sources allowed to obtain interesting results on chiral ionic aggregates of biological interest. I have also been involved in Infrared Multiphoton Dissociation studies on ionic aggregates produced through electrospray, at the Free Electron Laser CLIO (Paris, France). Laser ablation phenomena on solid targets and characterization of the produced plasma were also present in my research background, as well as spectroscopic and diffractometric characterization of materials and items of interest for the Cultural Heritage field. I was involved in the design and realization of several laser set-up and experiments, with both nanosecond and sub-picosecond tunable laser systems.
Since 2015, I’m involved in femtosecond transient absorption spectroscopy experiments at the EuroFEL Support Laboratory (CNR-ISM) and my scientific activity is devoted to characterize the fast dynamic of advanced materials through pump-probe spectroscopy and to control the morphology of nanostructured systems through their interaction with ultrafast lasers.
I’m also also involved in science outreach activities and scientific dissemination in schools. I’m author of 58 papers in peer-reviewed international scientific journals. h-index 14 (Scopus).
- Laser spectroscopies in the nanosecond and femtosecond domain.
- Micro-Raman spectroscopy
- Laser ablation and Laser Induced Breakdown spectroscopy – LIBS.
- Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry and Electro Spray Ionization Tandem Mass Spectrometry (ESI-MS2) coupled with Collision Induced Dissociation (CID) .
- Vacuum techniques, planning and building of vacuum apparatus.
- Single and crossed molecular beams (effusive and supersonic) techniques.
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alessandra_Paladini2
Orcid ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2059-1552
Researcher ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-1942-2015
(h-index: 14, No. Publications: 58)
5 SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (last five years)
- O’Keeffe, P. Catone, D. Paladini, A. Toschi, F. Turchini, S. Avaldi, L. Martelli, F. Agresti, A. Pescetelli, S. Del Rio Castillo, A.E. Bonaccorso, F. Di Carlo, A. “Graphene-Induced Improvements of Perovskite Solar Cell Stability: Effects on Hot-Carriers”, Nano Letters 2019, 19, 684-691. DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.8b03685
- Daniele Catone, Alessandra Ciavardini, Lorenzo Di Mario, Alessandra Paladini, Francesco Toschi, Antonella Cartoni, Ilaria Fratoddi, Iole Venditti, Alessandro Alabastri, Remo Proietti Zaccaria, Patrick O’Keeffe, “Plasmon Controlled Shaping of Metal Nanoparticle Aggregates by Femtosecond Laser Induced Melting”, The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2018, 9(17), 5002-5008. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpclett.8b02117.
- Ilaria Fratoddi, Antonella Cartoni, Iole Venditti, Daniele Catone, Patrick o’Keeffe, Alessandra Paladini, Francesco Toschi, Stefano Turchini, Fabio Sciubba, Giovanna Testa Chiara Battocchio, Laura Carlini, Remo Proietti Zaccaria, Elena Magnano, Igor Pis, Lorenzo Avaldi, “Gold nanoparticles functionalized by rhodamine B isothiocyanate: A new tool to control plasmonic effects”, Journal of colloid and interface science, 2018, 513, 10-19. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcis.2017.11.010
- Toschi, F. Colosi, A. Lentini, A. Paladini, “A multidisciplinary study of Roman painted plasters from Roman villa in Ponti Novi (Sabina area, Lazio, Italy)”, Journal of Archeological Science: Reports, 2016, 7, 114-122. doi:10.1016/j.jasrep.2016.04.002
- F Rondino, M Satta, S Piccirillo, A Ciavardini, A Giardini, M. Speranza, L. Avaldi, A. Paladini “Chlorine Para-Substitution of 1-Phenylethanol: Resonant Photoionization Spectroscopy and Quantum Chemical Calculations of Hydrated and Diastereomeric Complexes”, The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2016, 120(27), 5023-5031. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpca.5b12746